Wednesday, May 29, 2013

The best DIY body scrubs

Hi everyone!

I'm a sucker for everything DIY so I was pretty darn excited when I read more about DIY body scrubs.
Not only are they cheap to make, but I like that you can actually see what you're putting on your body and not have any chemicals in your body scrub.
I've picked out 3 body scrubs that I really love, and I hope that you will love them as much as I do.

Coffee- olive oil body scrub
I stole this 'recipe' from Michelle Phan. The scrub was unlike anything I had tried before so I decided to give it a go.
For this recipe you will need ground coffee that's been in boiling water. I'm not a big coffee lover but I take the coffee grounds from my parents' coffee cups. The reason they have to be boiled, is that they are much softer after boiling, therefore softer on your skin.

You will need:
2 tbsp coffee grounds
1 tbsp olive oil



Oh my goodness, this scrub is just amazing! It makes the skin SO soft. I usually scrub my body before shaving. Believe me, I've never had a smoother shave before. The coffee gets rid of dead skin while the olive oil gives the skin a good moisture.
The reason coffee is good for your skin is that it breaks up these fatty deposits that cause cellulite. It basically stimulates the blood in blood vessels. I've actually noticed that my skin is so much tighter!
Coffee also acts as a sunscreen, it prevents sunburn and wrinkles. 
I love this scrub. Seriously. Try it.

Oats- olive oil scrub
I recommend this scrub if you have more of a sensitive skin type because the exfoliating oats are very gentle on the skin. I usually use this scrub when my skin is being a bit dry, which usually happens during winter time and I don't want to be harsh with scrubbing my skin.
The oats, once again, make the skin very-very soft and the olive oil acts as a moisturiser. You can actually use the oats on your face as well, just without the olive oil. It makes the skin sooooo smooth and soft!

You will need:
2 tbsp oats
1 tbsp olive oil



Green tea face scrub
Now, even though the post is supposed to be about body scrubs, I just couldn't leave this scrub out because it is so good and yet so easy to make. I saw this recipe on bubzbeauty's channel and I instantly wanted to try it out. 
This scrub only consists of green tea. That's it. You literally need to make yourself a cup of green tea, then take the tea bag and take the green tea out. Then use it as a face scrub. 
This scrub is so gentle on the skin and works very well. When I first used this on one Saturday evening, then the next day I noticed that my face looked so glowy and fresh. This scrub is just amazing.
The green tea gives your skin a healthy glow, it contains many antioxidants and prevents cancer. Pretty amazing, huh!

I dare you to try out all of these 3 scrubs and tell me in the comments down below if you liked them. They are seriously amazing.

Have a very lovely week!
Laura
xx

3 comments:

  1. Great post! I have heard awesome things about coffee and reducing cellulite, may have to try it out!!

    -Maddy @ www.BeautyBanterBlog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to try the coffee one! I can imagine that it would smell delicious! xo

    http://blossomeclectic.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have to try these scrubs out! They are amazing!
    Laura x

    ReplyDelete