Saturday, August 31, 2013

Autumn is the perfect season for thrift shopping!

Hello everyone!

(I could put a video of Macklemore's 'Thrift shop' here but I don't think it's necessary)

The last items I got from a thrift shop: a button up shirt and a dress in an autumnal tartan pattern! For 1€ in total!

Autumn/winter season is the ultimate thrift shopping season. As I go to thrift shops quite often, I can see them slowly transforming into autumn: summery tops disappear and are replaced by jumpers and cardigans, tartan patterns and cosy scarves. That's how things work in every clothing shop, really.

The thing is, while I love high-street clothing brands like H&M, Topshop, Primark, Pull&Bear etc, I find that once you purchase something from any of these shops, you simply cannot get away with not seeing someone else wearing the same clothing item as you. And seeing other people with the same clothes as me is one of my biggest pet peeves. This is where thrift shops come in handy: they offer a wide variety of clothes from which every item is unique. And by purchasing clothes from thrift shops you are much less likely to meet anyone with the same clothes as you.

When it comes to thrift shopping during the autumn/winter season, I find that the shops become almost cosier, if you could say that. So when I go shopping for work/school clothing in the beginning of September, I much rather prefer thrift shops to the hectic high-street shops. Not only because of the wide variety of clothing but also for the fact that everything is about 3 times cheaper there. And going through all of the stuff just makes me all excited. I do buy my staple, good quality pieces from normal shops but at least half of my everyday clothes are from thrift shops. 

I like to clean out my wardrobe every season: I just go through all of my stuff and put the items that I haven't worn for a while aside. Then I either give them to someone that is interested in them/sell them or take them to a thrift shop. Your old is someone's new. This process keeps my wardrobe quite clean and organised. And by doing that I can really wear every single item that I own.

Do you go thrift shopping? Leave a comment! :)

Have an amazing September!
Laura
xx





1 comment:

  1. Hey I nominated you for the Liebster Award! Go over to my blog to have a look :D

    Lulu xx

    www.luluslittlebiglife.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete