Monday, October 21, 2013

My carry-on beauty essentials

Hi everyone!
This post goes out to all of you travellers out there. And people who just like reading this kind of posts. I definitely do.
As I'm leaving for China (I'm buzzing like a bunny right now) tomorrow, I thought, what better timing to make a short post about the beauty products I'm taking on the plane with me.
Now, the flight to China isn't very long; it's 6 hours. But as I have a connecting flight in Helsinki, my travel day will be about 10 hours long. My skin has been behaving very well recently so I will be trying to take as good care of it as I possibly can.
So, on to the products.


Starting from left:


  • Deodorant: I think the idea of it is quite self-explanatory. Ain't nobody want to smell bad after a flight!
  • Rich, moisturising cream: this time I'm taking my Skin Food with me as it is a good no-fuss cream. You can put this on your hands, face and other dry areas.
  • Mini perfume: I don't know if I will be using it but just in case I want to freshen up a bit, I have it sorted with cutest little bottle of my Miss Dior.
  • Face wipes: I'm quite sure I won't be putting on any make up before getting on a flight, but cleansing the skin on a flight is very important as the air on planes might not be the freshest. I wanted to try out and see what the fuss is all about when it comes to the Simple face wipes. The wipes I decided to pick up claim to have brightening properties so I'm curious to find out how they'll work!
  • Lip balm: again, quite self-explanatory. Nobody likes dehydrated lips.
  • Compact mirror: this is for applying tiny bit of make up just before I get off the plane.
  • Hand sanitiser: the water from the toilet might not be always available so it's good to keep the hands nice and clean during the flight.
  • Mascara: Maybelline The Rocket
  • Concealer: Rimmel Wake Me Up
  • Brow gel: Lumene tinted brow gel
These bottles/tubes are all less than a 100ml, which is the maximum amount of liquids you can bring with you. They all have to fit in a see-through plastic bag up to the size of 1 liter. I will be bringing my toothbrush, toothbrush, eye drops etc as well but these were just the beauty items I'll bring.

Have you got any tips for what to take on a plane?! Tell me!
Have a fantastic week,
Laura 
xx


2 comments:

  1. Great list of travel must haves! You must be so excited! I would only add non beauty essentials to the list: a well programmed ipod, ear plugs, and a cozy pashmina to replace those icky airline blankets.. cozy sweatpants, too.
    Enjoy!
    XX, Elle
    http://mydailycostume.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. great post! would you like to follow eachother?
    xx
    daniella
    simplybeautifulelegant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete