Monday, December 9, 2013

The winter hair rescue

Hi everyone!

Lately my hair has been feeling super frizzy and dry, as it does pretty much every winter. It happens to everyone, doesn't it? The feeling when you brush your hair and you get super frizzy hair? Yikes.

 

I had my ends cut quite recently as they were not very healthy anymore. Since then I've been wanting to keep my hair as healthy as possible. So I've been leaving coconut oil into my hair overnight 3 times a week and it really does work.
I warm up about 3 teaspoons of coconut so that it turns into a liquid form and is not too hot. Then I just apply it to my hair: from roots to ends. I really try to massage it into my scalp as it is supposed to be good for hair growth. Then I just go to sleep with it and wash it out in the morning with some really cleansing shampoo. Man, my hair is so soft afterwards! 
After washing my hair I just comb it through and apply some leave-in condition for extra moisture. I'm currently using one from Schwarzkoph. And after spraying my hair I also use my CHI's Total Protect lotion which is basically just a leave in creamy thingy for your hair. This really leaves my hair nice and frizz-free!
And I do it 3 times a week, which means every time I wash my hair.

What I'm trying to say in this post is that coconut oil rocks, especially during the winter months.

What do you guys use to keep your hair nice and healthy?
Tell me in the comments!
Laura
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment