Saturday, December 8, 2012

For the love of winter TAG

Hello blogger world!
After a busy weekend I've found the time to finally relax and write a post on here. I had seen the "For the love of winter" tag post before and I really enjoyed reading other people's posts so I thought, why not, to write the tag myself. I also skipped some of the questions because I found them unnecessary or hard to answer.

1. What is your favourite thing about winter?
I love snow and the frostiness of winter. Also Christmas is in the winter time and it is my favourite time of the year.
2. What is your least favourite thing about winter?
I hate getting up earlier than in spring/ summer time because the traffic is so much slower in the winter. I also don't enjoy putting on layers and layers of clothes.
3. What are your favourite skin care items for the cold winter months?
This is probably a boring answer but I love vaseline because it can be used anywhere on the skin and it works wonders! I usually buy the Vaseline brand ones in tiny little tins because I find them to be convenient to have in your bag and simply pull them out whenever needed.
4. Favourite hair product for the cold winter months?
My hair is very dry all year but it gets even drier during the freezing winter months. I like to use some kind of an oil for the hair to give it as much moisture as I can. I like using the Macadamia healing hair oil because I find that it deals with the frizz and makes the hair smoother. The bad thing about this oil is its overwhelming granny-ish scent.
5. Boots: thigh high, knee high, mid calf, flat or high? 
My winter boots are mid calf, however, I wish they were a bit taller. And I could not imagine myself wearing high boots during the winter time. So definitely flat ones.
6. Layering: cardigans, blazers or pull over sweaters and jumpers?
I enjoy wearing cardigans the most but pull over sweaters and jumpers are definitely warm and cosy to wear too.
7. What is your favourite winter holiday?
As I already mentioned, my favourite holiday is Christmas. I enjoy spending time with my family this time.
8. What is your favourite drink during winter?
I love tea! In the winter time I usually drink at least 2 cups of tea a day. I like experimenting with different types of tea.
9. What is your favourite Christmas movie?
I know that this will be a boring one but I cannot have a proper Christmas without Home alone 1 and 2. These are the classics for me.
10. Would you rather attend a Christmas or a New-Year party?
I find that Christmas should be spent peacefully at home to have time for yourself and your family so definitely a New-Year party!
11. Would you rather toast marshmallows in your indoor fireplace or outdoors at a bonfire?
I have toasted marshmallows indoors but I've never done a bonfire at winter time. I think it would be an exciting experience though!
12. Would you rather go snowboarding, skiing, ice skating or have a snow-ball fight?
I have done everything but snowboarding before so I shall say snowboarding. I love snow-ball fights though!
And last but not least...
Favourite winter memory?
There isn't something in particular but as a small child I always loved building castles out of snow with my dad.. these memories will be locked forever!

I tag everyone reading this to do this post on their blogs! Please do let me know if you're doing it, I would love to read your posts!


Take care!
Laura
xx



2 comments:

  1. I love this post, makes me feel all Christmassy!

    xo-becky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete